Browsing for Paleo friendly recipes I came across this Paleo Pizza recipe from Paleo Cupboard. I used real cheese but made the crust as follows:
FOR THE CRUST
– 2 large eggs, room temperature
– 2 Tbsp. olive oil (any kind)
– 1 1/2 cups almond flour
– 1/4 cup tapioca flour
– 1 tsp. sea salt
– 1/2 tsp. oregano
– 1/2 tsp. dried basil
– 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
TOPPINGS (FOR MARGHERITA PIZZA)
– About 1 1/2 – 2 cups pizza sauce
– 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
– 15 leaves of fresh basil
– Dried oregano (optional)
TO MAKE THE CRUST DOUGH:
- Place the eggs and olive oil in a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and stir with a fork to break apart and clumps and to combine well. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Set aside for about 5-10 minutes and then split the dough in half and form two round balls.
TO ASSEMBLE THE PIZZAS:
- Preheat the oven to 375F and make sure the oven rack is in the middle position. Using a rolling pin on flat surface or cutting board, roll the two balls of dough separately between two pieces of parchment paper. Form a circular or rectangular shape, rolling the dough to about 1/4″ thick.
- Place the two crusts onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is firm. While the crust is cooking, remove the “cheese” from the fridge and cut it into thin slices. Set it aside along with your basil leaves.
- Remove the crust from the oven and turn the oven to broil. Spread the sauce thinly across the pizza crust (too much sauce will make the crust soggy). Top with the sliced cheese and then the basil leaves. Add a few dashes of oregano on top (optional)
- Return the pizza to the oven and allow to broil for just a couple minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt. Remove from the oven, slice and serve.
- 4 pork chops
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into 1/2 in. thick wedges
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cook bacon until almost done and remove from pan. Season chops with salt and pepper. Cook in hot oil in a 12-in. cast iron skillet over medium heat for a few minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove pork from skillet.
- Add apples and onions to skillet and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until browned. Remove from skillet.
- Add broth to skillet and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly to loosen browned residue from skillet. Whisk together the milk and mustard. Add to skillet and add bacon and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in the honey. Return pork to skillet and turn to coat. Top with apples, onions and rosemary.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just beginning to bubble. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.